I wasn’t sure how these collagraph prints would turn out, but the results were super cool! We started by creating our printing plates out of lots of STUFF! Bits of paper, sandpaper, sponges, icy pole sticks and string to name but a few. We used Super Tac glue to stick all the STUFF onto thick board.
We then coated the entire board with water based varnish. The varnish protects all the bits and pieces from several printing sessions. Each printing board was then inked with lino printing block ink and rolled through the printing press.
The face above was printed onto marbled paper.
The kids probably thought I was being overly encouraging when I said that none of the prints looked bad, but I wasn’t exaggerating! They all looked fantastic! (Well, I think so anyway.)