Gosh! Building a Gingerbread community is QUITE the commitment! Here are my little men before I dressed them..
Here they are, all dressed for my Christmas dinner tonight. I regret giving them eyes actually.. they look like alien gingerbread men!
And here is the house that all my little men will be living in for the next day or so until they all get gobbled up!! At least this year my house has a roof, unlike the disaster from last year!
This is my second year making this Gingerbread house and here are some of my Gingerbread house tips:
1. Don’t make your roof top thick! It will NEVER stay on! Trust me!
2. Decorate all your pieces BEFORE you assemble your house.
3. Your Royal Icing (glue) MUST be realllllly thick.
4. Cut out your pieces from your dough and freeze for a about 15 minutes before you bake.
5. Don’t be afraid of Royal Icing mess (you will have HEAPS!) – it’s super easy to clean.
Here’s the recipe I used: Gingerbread House recipe at Taste.com.au
Have fun! Send me some pics of your little men or houses if you make some! I’d love to see them.